Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WOW!

So it has been a very long time since posting, it is already the very end of September.
The most exciting events that took place this year was a trip to Utah with Thomas for Grandma van Komen's 80th birthday party. That was such a great week! It was cold, but enjoyable to be with my family. Thomas and I also flew out there (courtesy of my sister Adrienne) this June as a surprise for my sister Erin's high school graduation. This time we got to spend two weeks with my family!

We left Orlando in the late afternoon and arrived in Salt Lake around 10:30pm or so. It was a long trip and there was turbulence on the plane most of the way. Thomas was tired and thankfully slept from our plane change in Phoenix to just before arriving in Utah. He cried most of the way to my parents house but when we walked in the front door he caught sight of the fish tank and that was all he cared about for the next half hour, the fish.
Thomas loved having other people to play with and pay attention to him as well as climbing up and down the stairs and running outside and seeing the horses (my parents have pastures behind them where people breed and raise horses and a few cows). I loved talking to my mom during the day and having a break from being the sole entertainer of Thomas, and of course being with my siblings and dad.
We met Brisa, my brother Alan and sister-in-law Dessire's little baby girl for the first time. She is so adorable! I jogged, mainly walked a 5K. My parents took Thomas and I to the Hill Air Force Aerospace Museum to see the planes, it was a great activity because that day was unusually cold and rainy, he loved seeing the airplanes and other things there.
The most enjoyable was just spending time at home with everyone. For the first week we were there it was the first time in a couple of years that all 7 of us siblings could be together for a family meal following Erin's graduation ceremony and Sunday dinner. It was Fabulous!
Of course we missed Jim who was unable to go with us, we just have to convince him to take a road trip out there. Half the fun is getting there, plus he has never been through or seen the central United States.

Also, going back to February I found out I was pregnant with baby #2. We decided to keep this one a surprise so we won't know whether it is a boy or a girl until he/she is born. Its exciting, and our friends and family are excited as well to find out what we will be having. The due date is October 28. Yea!! Almost there. I think it would be fun to have the baby on Halloween but you never know. We are curious to see how Thomas will react, we tell him everyday that a baby brother or sister is in my tummy and will be here soon but he doesn't understand what that means. He does know what babies are and he likes when we see them while we are out and about places or watching 'A Baby Story' on TLC.
Thomas has grown a lot in many ways these past few months, he runs almost everywhere he goes, loves to explore and check things out especially if we are in a store or someone else's house. He learns new words everyday and although some sound very similar he tries to copy what we say while pointing to an object. My favorite word he says is thank you it comes out as te tee. His favorites toys are his cars and trains and he makes the sounds for them and carries them around so that I find them in every room.
I am usually pretty tired by the end of the day but it is always a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers